Mr. Bo-Bo

Mr. Bo-Bo

Monday, August 11, 2014

0011 - A Discovery of Cucumbers

I try to feed the dogs different kinds of fruits and veggies, just because I like to see what they will and won't eat. Of course, I do check to make sure that's okay because some foods are toxic to dogs and I don't want to make them sick. Grapes (and raisins), for instance, are very, very bad for dogs... and you wouldn't think so, but as little as one grape/raisin can do a lot of harm. So always check first.

Cucumbers, as it turns out, are okay for dogs. They crunch, which appeals to Bo and they are food, which appeals to Daisy. So we have found a new, inexpensive low calorie snack for the dogs, and they are also nice and cool which is fun for summer:


This website is kind of neat since it specifically addresses the question "Can I give my dog...?" and you can find whatever food or medicine you want to know about.

Leave me a comment and let me know what interesting things your dogs like to eat! Just the other day we found out that Daisy loves spinach, and Bo likes dehydrated zucchini, but not sauteed zucchini.

I like things that go CUH-RUNCH!

Yes you do Mr. Bo-Bo... yes you do...

So about that... you got any more cucumbers...?

2 comments:

  1. Coery likes noodles and doritos are they OK? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked the website and Doritos aren't recommended but noodles are okay on occasion (unless the dog has a weight issue). I've noticed with Bo that no matter what it is, if it's crunchy, he'll probably eat it. He loves roasted garbanzo beans with nutritional yeast sprinkled over it, it's a good crunchy high-protein snack and supposedly the nutritional yeast also repels fleas. Doesn't take too long to make and I like them too... so Mr. Bo-Bo is probably wondering when I'm going to make another batch, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete