Mr. Bo-Bo

Mr. Bo-Bo

Thursday, July 24, 2014

0001 - Hello

Hi, I'm Mr. Bo-Bo.

And I'm Mama.

If you're here you're probably reading the books Mama wrote about me. She thought maybe you'd like to know a little more about me.

Well first, Mr. Bo-Bo and the Waggy Tails is a mostly true story, it just doesn't tell the whole story because Mama didn't think anyone would read it if it was too sad so she... what was the word you used?

I embellished a little bit, it means I added some good details and left out some bad ones. I wanted to focus on your personality since you're such a happy boy.

What's not to be happy about? I get to eat treats all day!

Let's not get distracted Mr. Bo-Bo... finish your story.

Okay... I'm a full-blood English Pointer but my breeder didn't think I was gaining weight fast enough so he took me to the vet to have me put down. BUT some nice people at the vet's office decided to give me a second chance and here I am today.

And Daddy really, really, really wanted a puppy...

He pestered the heck out of me.

Mama, what does pestered mean?

He bugged me, like you do for treats.

He sat perfectly still and gave you the Pointer eyes? Wow! Daddy can do everything!

Something like that. But you're getting sidetracked. So what happened next?

So he looked and looked and looked, and after hundreds...

Literally hundreds. Maybe even thousands.

... of puppies, he found my picture on a rescue site. Daddy said it was love at first sight. He saw me and knew I was the one.

And I fell in love with you too.

But Daddy is the one who came and got me. He drove all he way from Alabama to Arkansas!

Yes he did. He was working in Alabama at the time and I was at home in Tennessee. I was a little jealous because I had to wait to meet you.

Well now you and me and Daddy, we're best friends! A real family!

And you started gaining weight, and now you're a healthy, gorgeous boy - possibly the best looking Pointer in the whole world. Can I show everyone what you looked like when we brought you home compared to now?

I guess so. Is it the picture with the blue sweater? I look REALLY good in the blue sweater...

No, that day you wouldn't let me put it on you even though it was freezing out.

I remember that day, we took a walk and I got to smell lots of interesting scents. Smelling is my favorite!

I thought eating treats was your favorite.

Eating treats IS my favorite!

Okay Mr. Bo-Bo, we've told your story so now we need to let the nice people get back to their day.

Do we have to?

Yes, we have to. But we can chat with them another time.

Can we at least show them the picture of me in the blue sweater first?

Okay Mr. Bo-Bo, but then you have to say goodbye, okay?



Look! Blue Sweater! Okay bye everybody! I'm going to go eat some treats now!

I never said that...

Funny, I thought you did...

Okay Mr. Bo-Bo... let's get you some treats... you're so spoiled... Bye everyone.

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful!! I'm enjoying getting to know Bo-Bo through all the stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, you are helping to keep me motivated!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I remember his first days. My goodness. .he has come so far

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story..I didn't realize he was that skinny..glad he has you both....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) He was painfully thin. Sometimes it was hard to look at him because my heart just broke to see all of the bones sticking out. And then there was the people factor... both Mike and I worried that people would see how skinny he was and think we were abusing him or not feeding him. So all around, for many, many reasons, we're glad he filled out nicely. He'll probably always be a little small for his breed, but as long as he's healthy we don't care.

      Delete